Random thoughts, strange observations, and some useless rambling.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Better get ready for the storm


So good ol' Earl is churning up in the Caribbean. I never did get the official word, is it Car-ri-BE-an? Or Ca-RIB-ean? Either way, there's a category 4 hurricane there. And it's headed north. Sort of. At least in my general direction. But I think that the only people excited about this are the news anchors, since it gives them something to do. Nobody here really gives a damn about these anymore, since 50MPH winds and tidal flooding are pretty normal around here anyway. And according to News Channel 3 and NOAA, that's about all we can expect.


But there's a name to it, and his name is Earl. Which is kinda funny if you think about it. I wonder if the storm naming people thought about it. Or maybe were fans of the show. Or maybe it's a sign that Karma is headed my way....


6 comments:

  1. Good thing you have your Rhubarb in a can! Now I can stop wondering if the rain is going to hurt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to the song "Earl" by the Dixie Chicks! Earl Had To Die! Goodbye EEAARLLL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in keeping with other blogs we follow and their titles and themes, I had to type "butisted" to leave that comment. Which is the word I will now used in place of "busted." I'm sorry young man, you are so butisted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought butisted meant overly endowed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Dad, that would be bustisty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you two sure that isn't bustitisity?

    ReplyDelete